Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hooray!

12th September 2012 is going to be a date I am going to remember for at least 10 years down the road, I know that. I got my driver's license, and I am finally legal on the roads.

Everything felt like a dream. I couldn't believe it. I was still feeling so stressed the morning before TP started. I woke up at 8am thinking what if I parked the car nicely, but strike the kerb when I am turning out etc. All the negative thoughts filled my mind but I told myself that I have to do it no matter what.

330pm came and my heart was thumping, I could feel it from the seat belt during the warm up practice. I managed to catch a few deep breaths to calm myself down. Did not bother to reply to all the messages on my phone. I knew I had to concentrate on something else. The verse which I retweeted last night came into my mind, "It may be impossible with man, but all things are possible with God." Matthew 19:26 I decided to go onto the Bible application on my phone and found this, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 So timely indeed, I really needed that encouragement instead of all the "luck" I got from people around me. I really hate it because it causes me to be more stressful. As usual, I did not tell many people about it. In fact, my mother only got to know about it last night.

Name was called, did my best to perfect the test. The verses kept repeating itself in my mind and it calmed myself down. Was asked to turn out of the parallel parking lot when I wasn't half done with it, to do the 8-stops thingy in the circuit. I got a shock, I almost thought I was going to fail, but it turned out otherwise! :) I passed when it was all over. Although it's a 18-point, it is still a pass, I got my license, and that is what really matters, I shall not whine over it.

P/s, I am really thankful for those who trusted me to let me drive their cars to "practice" my driving before today, those who verbally taught me how to drive/park the car as well. Thanks for all the congratulatory messages/tweets which came in after. Xoxo

That's why I say I am amazed by You
Please help to click on the ads if it appears, thank you! ^^